Fundraise for us
You too can help SecondBite by fundraising for us.
The farmers, manufacturers and retailers we work with, donate their surplus and unsold food to us for free. However, we rely on donations from our generous supporters to rescue and distribute the food to help feed people in need across Australia.
We use the donations we receive to run an efficient food collection and distribution service: for vehicles like trucks and vans to transport the food (plus fuel, vehicle servicing etc.); warehouses to store the food; equipment like forklifts and pallets to move the food; as well as systems and people. Every dollar you donate enables us to collect and distribute up to 2.5kgs of food. We allow for 500 grams of food per meal: making this $1 donated = enough food for up to 5 meals.
There are many ways that you can fundraise for SecondBite. Some popular fundraising ideas include:
- Holding a fundraiser at your workplace
- Holding a morning tea or meal with your church
- Having a ‘bake sale’ or cookie/cake stall at your school
- Having a ‘gold coin donation’ free dress day at school
- Having a fitness challenge at your sport club
- Participating in a fun run and getting friends and family to sponsor you
- Holding a movie night
- Or simply just doing something that you’re passionate about
Whatever ways you choose to fundraise for SecondBite, have fun and spread the word about ending waste and ending hunger.