SecondBite exists to provide access to fresh, nutritious food for people in need across Australia. We do this by rescuing and redistributing surplus fresh food, building community capacity in food skills and nutrition and advocating for an end to food insecurity.
A GREAT CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING EVENT THAT MAKES A REAL DIFFERENCE
If you have a Sydney based operation and are looking for a team building event with a difference… then look no further.SecondBite’s Meals that Matter with Our Big Kitchen (OBK) could be just what you’re looking for!It’s enjoyable and your team will be “doing good” at the same time.A typical session provides 200 meals to those individuals and families in need.
HOW MEALS THAT MATTER WORKS:
- Using food rescued by SecondBite and complemented by other donated and purchased produceSecondBite’s corporate partners - who make a financial contribution to participate - cook meals at Our Big Kitchen under the guidance of OBK staff and volunteers.
- They then learn about the work of SecondBite and OBK, and those we support, over the meals they’ve prepared.
- Finally, and most importantly, the majority of the food that has been prepared gets packaged into individually portioned, healthy meals.
- Meals are then co-branded with your logo, then SecondBite delivers these meals to individuals and families in need through other community food programs we support in NSW.
- Those in need get healthy meals, while corporate teams have a fun team-building event; get a better understanding of food insecurity; and hopefully, a greater willingness to find other ways to be involved in addressing food insecurity and advocating on behalf of those vulnerable people that SecondBite supports.
“Sometimes we feel too busy to focus on the things that really matter. A very humbling experience and a great opportunity to bond with work colleagues.”
Nick Mavraganis – Area Manager, Coles Liquor, talking about the Meals that Matter pilot
SecondBite’s Meals that Matter is held at Our Big Kitchen, 36 Flood Street, Bondi, NSW.
This 3 hour cooking program costs $1600* for groups of up to twenty people. If you’d like to involve a team greater than twenty, then it’s an additional $60 per person. *The program cost is regarded as a donation for tax purposes.
To find out more about Meals that Matter, or to register your interest, call Andrew McNicol on (02) 9316 9200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org