SecondBite simply would not exist without an amazing team of over 500 volunteers! If you would like to give something special back to your local community and have a positive impact on the environment, become an active part of the SecondBite Team and sign up as a volunteer. There are many ways to get involved:
The following volunteer opportunities are currently available at SecondBite, Victoria.
For further information, please email Emily: email@example.com
Assist 1 Saturday a month at Dandenong markets, 2.30pm to 4pm, sorting and collecting food
Assist 1 Saturday a month at Preston Markets, 3.00pm 5.30pm, sorting and collecting food
Volunteer drivers in Melbourne needed. Can you commit to a weekly delivery of food? In your own vehicle. 2 hours per week, Mon to Fri, from Kensington to 1-3 local community food programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist at ad hoc events; this may involve collecting money at fundraisers to promoting SecondBite at various public events.
The following volunteer opportunities are currently available at SecondBite, Tasmania.
SecondBite needs support from a grant expert who can write proposals to generate funding specifically for funding the Tasmania operations.
SecondBite needs help from people with an interest and or experience in warehousing and logistics to support the food program.
Volunteers are required to support the collection and delivery of fresh food by driving the SecondBite van around the Hobart area. A driver's license is required and the volunteer must be 25 years of age or older.
To express interest, submit your details below or contact Aaron at email@example.com
The following volunteer opportunities are currently available at SecondBite, Queensland.
Assist with general administration duties. Reviewing OH&S policies and procedures
Assist with food deliveries in the van or with your own vehicle.
To express interest, submit your details below or contact Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
New South Wales
Please note that SecondBite does not operate on public holidays and we do not have any specific Christmas volunteering opportunities.
"A Bite Ahead"
SecondBite entered into a Community Services Funding Agreement (CSFA) with the City of Melbourne 1 July 2009 and is funded to deliver the program “A Bite Ahead”.
SecondBite attracts participants from community food programs and local community groups and offers them the necessary skills and training required to enter the workforce, to continue with further studies, or find on-going volunteering.
Upon completion, the jobseekers/participants aim is to receive a CERT III in Warehousing and Logistics.
Testimonial from Pete Burns
29th March 2012
Linked in with The Living Room, Hosier Lane, Melbourne
• I started out homeless
• Through being out and about connecting with agencies, I have been introduced to a number of courses
• One great course is the Cert III in Warehousing and Logistics which is being carried out at a fantastic organisation, SecondBite. They are engaged in making a real difference in serving people in need
• This for me has been a great experience, helping myself to build my life in a way to reconnect with my pathway of moving forward and possible employment
• For anybody looking to rebuild their life, SecondBite is a very good place to start because from my experience, the people there are very helpful, sharing and caring, plus they help you to learn at your own pace.
• I, as a person doing this course, would highly recommend SecondBite as a starting point in moving forward.
To apply for a volunteering position, please fill in the expression of interest form below.
SecondBite will be in touch within 48 hours or you can contact us on 1800 2NDBTE (263 283).